Our Studio....

 For the past couple of days, we have paused the creating for a moment to enter into an amazing phase of reorganizing our studio. As I mentioned a few posts back , it is crazy how many bits and pieces that collect in a goldsmithing shop after thirteen years of making things there. Time for a deep clean. I didn't want this pause in creating to pause my blog writing so I will give you a tour of our newly organized studio and introduce you to some of our favorite tools. Enjoy the tour!



This is our Studio assistant
,Jimmie Lee and he is siked
on his newly
organized desk ...Now he is
ready for the challenges we will
be throwing his way.....
"One more thing"as I like to say. 
Although I prefer Hand Engraving
 occasionally the job and budget
call for a Machine. That
is when we turn to our
Signature Engraver...
My Favorite Bench because my
 grandfather sat at it for 50 years,
he was a watchmaker and
I love the feeling of this bench.

This is our CAD Design
Center where we use Matrix and my
awesomely talented husband,
Ben Stewart
Our Revo B CAM Machine
We are able to create a
3D Representation of the pieces
We design. Very handy for
our Custom Design Work. 
This is our forging area..
I am planning to redress
our big anvil finally...
I have had it since 1992,
Got it at a yard sale for $25....Score:)

This is our
Bonny Doon Press which
we need to use more often,
I think I will do a blog project
withit soon to get myself to
better explore the possibilities.:)

Forging, Soldering , and "Sfen"our
Dursten Rolling Mill circa
 1995.Sfen was our
first big tool after we left school.
Lots of tapers have been made
since then thanks to Sfen...:)









And this is me,
 Kathryn Holton Stewart
 and my oh so stylish
eyeware, my Obrira Binoculars.
They give me the superpower
of microscopic vision...very handy.
and this is my bench,
designed and crafted by
 Rob Durham.
There is style and strength in the
 wood work and lots of drawers.

You can see some of my favorite
 tools, my GRS Graverball,
"There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other."
---Douglas Everett
And this is what Our studio is ,  a dream reality that  inspires me to create everday....
Have an inspired day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Nouveau Inspired Necklace

Artful Scrolls & Engraver Jason Marchiafava

Discovering Hand Engraving