Thoughts on Creative Life and "Worry" ....

A good friend and talented artist brought up a challenge tonight she and I obviously share... The challenge of worry. I can absolutely relate. Good or bad... I worry. I'm not sure why but it seems the older I have become , the more this has begun to be a constant part of my life. Bizarrely, It seems that the more successful we have become, the more I worry. This strange place I am in now (having my business shut down by the storm) has been an odd form of momentary relief. I think maybe because for once in a long time, I had no choice. I have been sent to a place of merely reacting . I didn't have the typical ability to think and choose this moment. It was out of my hands and in the beginning that totally FREAKED me out. When we were younger in our Oregon studio days, we just went with the flow. I never lost sleep over life and decisions. I seem to be more like that with this storm and our recovery from it at least during my strongest moments. I am appreciating little moments of time and the gift of change. However, I notice as we regain our footing the worry is already creeping back in. Human's are resilient and we see this most through truly challenging moments. The "comfort zone" is a whole other challenge to be met. Is it that we have further to fall, more to lose, and bigger decisions to make that cause us to worry more as we better establish our lives and world? This I am not sure of. I do know however strange it sounds that I have enjoyed the relief of this tragic moment. The forced stop and the opportunity to reevaluate. I am learning to again react from my gut rather than my head. I have discovered that it is the pure belief that universally we ARE being taken care of that carries me. It is the same blind faith that carried me in the earliest days of creating in my studio. I am striving to trust that it will all work out and reconnecting with my "younger" self. Now, may I just stay in that carefree place as I rebuild my world. After all, the greatest success will be when we can enjoy the gift of our creative lives without the shadow of concern.



This is a little glimpse of our shop before and after the Hurricane Irene ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Nouveau Inspired Necklace

Artful Scrolls & Engraver Jason Marchiafava

Discovering Hand Engraving