Musings on Venturing into 2013

As the holidays pass us by, I find myself looking forward to the new year and all it has to bring. 2012 has been an inspired year of creativity and personal artistic growth. The jewelry making world is such a fascinating community. In the past, we all existed in our various jewelry crafting bubbles too busy to venture out to connect with fellow jewelers. This often would leave me feeling disconnected from the jewelry community in which I work and slightly isolated by my craft. My favorite change over the course of this year has been the dynamic social networking has brought to the jewelry making table. It has been an amazing evolution to now connect daily with like creative minds and to show our creations to our collectors as well. The sharing of stories and techiniques bond us as we create our treasures . I have now managed to meet many of the greatest talents in each specialty within the jewelry and metalsmithing field from all over the world.It'sexciting to be a part of this new way of communication and connection.
As this new year begins, I am determined to stick with this blog concept and plan to feature jewelry creative processes and finished pieces. I will venture between general creative musings, feature fellow metalsmiths and technical advice, and of course my favorite Modern Heirloom creations from our shop at Silver Bonsai Gallery. I hope you all enjoy a glimpse of the many great talents hiding behind the metalsmithing benches of the world as well as a peak at what it takes to create each treasure. For now, I want to share with you one of my recent engravings.Have an inspired day!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Nouveau Inspired Necklace

Artful Scrolls & Engraver Jason Marchiafava

Discovering Hand Engraving